Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why does my friend annoy me this much?

Okay, my friend is PERFECT. By 'perfect,' I mean she holds the door open for LINES of people that she doesn't know. She talks about how other people should not wear makeup and be confident. She keeps telling me that I will be beautiful in my Dad's wedding no matter what (like that will calm my stress). She frets about day-old blood on the bathroom towel dispenser and how it might infect our school with AIDS. She says, 'Thank you, hope you have a nice day,' to EVERYONE she walks away from. ARRRRRGGGGGH! And I'm not exaggerating. I've asked her about these habits before, and she admits that she follows these regiments TO THE DOT. Maybe I'm annoyed with her just because she's been staying in my house for a week and a half, and I'm getting territorial. Even though I've been told I have a bleeding heart, maybe I'm annoyed with her because she still reminds me of the better person I could be. Maybe I'm annoyed with her because she talks to me too much (even though I'm introverted, I need quiet, I've repeatedly told her so, and she hasn't made much of an effort to cork it), and I'm just projecting that annoyance onto her other habits. Maybe I'm annoyed because her loudness (she's loud by nature) and my Dad's silence (he's introverted like me) heads, and I'm naturally apt to take his side. I don't know. I wanted a least a second opinion to help me figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment